Field Roast Grain Meats Launches 10 Innovative and Delicious New Products at Expo West
After 20 years of ‘Growing Together’, Field Roast makes big product and company announcements
Seattle, Wash – March 10, 2017 – Today, Field Roast Grain Meat Company announced the launch of ten new products that will open new markets for the company’s flavor-first vegan and vegetarian foods. The new products, launched exclusively at the Natural Foods Expo West event, will enhance its product offerings with seasonal offerings and move Field Roast into the growing snack and comfort food market.
The new products launched today include four new items with the fan-favorite CHAO® cheese; a new Seasonal Sausage line with three enticing flavors; and three freezer offerings: Fruffalo Wings, Sunflower Katsu Cutlets, and Miniature Corn Dogs, each made with natural and flavorful ingredients. All ten products are healthier and more sustainable options then their meat or dairy counterparts.
“Our research and development team have outdone themselves with these new lines of delicious grain meats and pasta dishes”, said David Lee, CEO of Field Roast. “We think our new pasta and seasonal sausages will delight our current customers who enjoy our delicious products. We think our frozen line is a game-changer, bringing our products to new consumers and become must-have snack alternatives.”
The original maker of vegetarian grain meats, Field Roast uses only fresh, natural ingredients – grains, vegetables, legumes and spices – to craft all of its artisan offerings. A healthier option, Field Roast products are high in protein, low in carbohydrates, contain zero trans-fats and cholesterol and contain locally sourced ingredients. In line with Field Roast’s core principal of sustainability, the company aims to care for their employees, customers, community and the planet.
Since the company’s debut in 1997, Field Roast has been an innovator in the vegan and vegetarian market by creating flavor-rich products that do not mimic traditional meat products. Instead, they offer bold new flavors that are popular for all eaters; from vegans and vegetarians to traditional meat eaters or flexitarians who are constantly looking for new products and enjoy a rich variety of food options.
The complete line of items launched at Expo West are as follows:
CHAO Creamery products
- Creamy Mac n Chao – Classic favorite! Tender pasta covered in a succulent and rich sauce made from Creamy Original Chao Slices.
- Chili Mac n Chao – Zesty combination of tender pasta and a succulent sauce made using Tomato Cayenne Chao Slices and a spicy bean chili with our own FieldBurger.
- Chao Mayo
- Chao Butter
Seasonal sausage line with rotating SKUs
- Seasonal Bratwurst Sausage (Memorial Day to Oktoberfest) – Made with cascade hops, chunks of caramelized onions, and spent grain left over from the beer brewing process.
- Seasonal Lil’ Smokies (Holiday Season November-February, Super Bowl) – Mini smoky sausages made with garlic and paprika that aren’t too spicy and perfect for preparing via skillet or microwave.
- Seasonal Hawaiian Sausage (Spring February-May) – A flavorful grain meat sausage with coconut, pineapple and Hawaiian taro root and ginger.
Frozen snack line
- Fruffalo Wings – A tasty contrast between sweet and smoky, these Field Roast smoked apple sage sausages are cut, lightly battered and par fried to perfection.
- Sunflower Katsu Cutlet – Perfect as center of the plate with or without gravy, these tasty cutlets are battered, breaded and par fried.
- Miniature Corn Dogs – A sublime balance of juicy and savory, these savory frankfurters with sweet corn batter are an easy 15-minute bake at home.
While at Expo West, Field Roast will also announce their intention to launch a Regulation A (REG A) initial public offering that keeps Field Roast independent, raises money to fund future growth, maximizes shareholder liquidity, involves employee participation and attracts new shareholders aligned with the social purpose mission of the company.
“Expo West is always one of the years’ best events, and our team is excited to announce these new products and growth initiatives while here this year,” said Lee. “We look forward to feedback and to celebrating this growing industry with our peers.”
In addition, this year Field Roast will also seek designation as a social purpose corporation (SPC). A SPC is defined as a for-profit entity that enables corporations to consider social or environmental issues in decision- making.
Field Roast is exhibiting at the Natural Foods Expo West from March 10 – 12, at the Anaheim Convention Center, Booth Location Hall E, 5344. They are also the Food Sponsor at The Gentle Barn/New Hope Party at the Hilton this evening, Friday March 10, from 8-11:00 p.m.
About Field Roast
Founded in 1997, Field Roast Grain Meat Co. is celebrating 20 Year of ‘Growing Together’ with customers, shareholders, employees and partners. Field Roast creates artisan vegan meats and cheese, made with real ingredients and traditional food making practices. Its ever-expanding array of products includes roasts, sausages, deli slices, loaves, a frankfurter, a burger, and vegan cheese slices. Field Roast products can be found in thousands of retail stores and over 500 restaurant menus nationwide. Field Roast was honored to be named VegNews Magazine’s 2015 Company of the Year. For more information, visit www.fieldroast.com, or join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.