Banh Mi Frankfurters
2 packages Field Roast Frankfurters
2 large carrots, julienned
½ small daikon radish, julienned
1 jalapeno, very thinly sliced
1 cup boiling water
½ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ English cucumber, julienned
Handful of fresh cilantro
8 baguette-style (or brioche) rolls, split and toasted
¼ cup plant-based mayo
2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat.
- Quick pickle time. In a bowl, combine carrots, daikon, jalapeno, boiling water, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and salt, and mix well. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. (Can store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week)
- Sriracha Mayo time. In a medium bowl, combine mayo, sriracha, garlic, and lime, and mix well. Done. Easy peasy.
- Arrange the Field Roast Frankfurters directly on the grill grates of your preheated grill. Cook, turning halfway through, for 8 - 10 minutes, until golden, crispy, and kissed with grill grate marks on all sides.
- Build your Banh Mi Dogs with a generous swipe of Sriracha Mayo, a grilled Frankfurter, pickled veggies, cucumber, and top with cilantro. Serve immediately. Delicious!